A free place to visit in Co. Kildare is Kildare Farm Foods, Open Farm & Shop. They have a petting farm which your kids will love to explore.
You can (of course) spend money whilst there.
- A pot of food to feed the animals will cost you €1.
- A journey on the train will cost €2.50pp.
- You can play some crazy golf, or build a bear.
- They also have a restaurant, where a selection of hot & cold food is available.
- There is a farm shop that sells meat, loaves of bread and other grocery items.
We have been visiting since Ava could walk and I love the place. There is a weird and wonderful selection of animals to view, from pigs and chickens to ostrich and zebras. It is a secured area so no need to worry if your child runs ahead (as long as they are in reaching distance). All the animals are behind fences but care is needed as they can bite and nip.
On a recent visit, we noticed a hatchery with adorable chicks and ducklings. Every visit we view and see something new and different. If your toddler/kids love to explore, I can not recommend this place enough. It’s FREE. You can’t get much better than that.
Another great place to allow your child to roam free in Co. Kildare is Pollardstown Fen.
I’d love to know if you’ve visited Kildare Farm Foods, Open Farm & Shop and your thoughts on it in the comments.
Until next time,