Mother’s Day 2018 falls on March 11 in the UK & Ireland. Also May 13 for those viewers in the USA, Australia and more. In this blog post, I share what moms really want as a gift this Mother’s Day.
This will be my second Mother’s Day as a mom. Last year we celebrated our daughters 1st birthday on the same day. As a result, I never really got to celebrate the occasion.
When I think of gifts to give and receive this Mother’s Day, instantly my mind goes to flowers, chocolates and cute cups. However, is that really what we want to receive? Let’s dig a little deeper. I have lots of cups, I can buy my own flowers and chocolates so let’s consider what we really want.
What moms really want
- A lie in with no guilt – a nice lie in would be amazing. I’m talking staying in bed until 10 am or 11 am if your feeling dangerous. What makes this lie in more appealing… it’s to come guilt free. No comments to be made by the person minding the kids that morning. No lazy bones remark, just pure and simple happiness for mom as she gets some much-needed sleep/rest.
- Homemade gifts – It would be amazing if the kids made you some homemade gifts without your knowledge. Dad or a guardian could help the kiddos and surprise you on the day. A sweet and simple gift, that’s sure to make a mom’s heart swell.
- A few hours of “mom time” – if a lie in isn’t possible the next best thing is some alone time for mom. This could come in a variety of ways. A long soak in the bath or getting to the store on your own for an hour. Even better, someone to take the kids out for 2 hours so you can sit on the couch and catch up on your TV programmes, books, YouTube and blogs.
- Some time to perform those much-needed grooming/beauty tasks. How great would it be to shred that unwanted hair without the hurry? Apply a homemade face mask? My favourite is a coconut oil and baking soda scrub, you can view that here.
- Meals cooked throughout the day – How amazing would it be if your other half took control of all meals on that day. Cooking breakfast, lunch, dinner and also catering for the kids that day. No food stress or decisions for mom.
- A spa treatment – My ideal gift would be a full body massage. Your partner could complete this task but honestly, I’d rather a professional. You may prefer a facial, your nails done or your hair styled but let’s be honest we’d take any treatment.
Let me know in the comments what your ideal gift this Mother’s Day 2018 would be.
Until next time,