We bought the Mamas & Papas Sola 2 MTX stroller for our daughter when I was 6/7 months pregnant. At the time it was a rushed decision, the store had a good deal with 25% off plus extra €€ back if you spent over a certain amount. My daughter is now 8 months old and I feel it is time to write and record a review.
Below I have outlined my pros and cons of this stroller. I have recorded a YouTube video for you to view also.
- The stroller frame is very easy to fold, it is a one button pull system.
- The front wheels can be locked straight or on a swivel setting.
- The main body of the stroller has 3 settings: sit straight, tilt or lie flat.
- Customer service is good. I phoned Mamas & Papas as the hood on the main stroller would not click into place due to a fault. The person I spoke to had no problems in sending me a replacement. It arrived by post in 4 working days.
- Whilst the frame folds easy, he is very heavy and bulky when lifting.
- The car seat clicks into the frame, however, when removing it is very awkward to release the car seat from the frame. There is a button you need to press and hold while pulling the car seat upwards to remove. (even typing this is awkward ;))
- One of the front wheels has developed a drag, when turning it will drag.
- My main frustration with this stroller: it has developed a squeak. It squeaks when pushing, pulling and even if you touch it. I cannot stress how much this annoys me.
I hope you enjoyed reading my review, don’t forget to watch the YouTube video to hear more in-depth explanations and whether I would recommend this stroller/pram.
Until next time.